- OO gauge starter train set
On July 3, 1938, Sir Nigel Gresley's 'Mallard' sped down Stoke Bank, south of Grantham on the East Coast Main Line, in a blur of Garter Blue. At milepost 90¼, between Little Bytham and Essendine, the locomotive recorded its highest speed of 126mph. Breaking the 1936 world speed record of 124.5mph for a steam locomotive, previously set by a German engine, the record still stands today. This set is representative of a typical East Coast Pullman train and would have been a familiar sight between London and the North.
The track circuit in this set can be extended to fully complete the included MidiMat layout by using additional track and accessory packs, creating an exciting and fully functioning model railway. As an alternative to the included Pullman Coaches, LNER Teak Coaches from the RailRoad range, available separately, could be substituted.
- LNER Class A4 4-6-2 Pacific 4468 ‘Mallard’
- 1 Pullman Parlour Car
- 1 Pullman Brake Car
- 3rd Radius Starter Oval with Track Pack A (with point and buffer stop)
- Train Controller (R8250)
- Wall Plug Transformer (P9000W)
- Power Connecting Track (R8206) Hornby MidiMat (1600 x 1180mm)