- 1/76th scale
Land Rover and Royal Mail model collectors have already been treated to this great little Series II Land Rover model in 1:43 scale and we are delighted to introduce the 1:76 version from Land Rover’s 1950s/1960s era in exactly the same livery and detail.
Registered 44 BLE, the emblem on the passenger door indicates that the vehicle operates as No 64031 from The Post Office Lairg in the north of Scotland, where its all-terrain capabilities would have been put to the test, no doubt. Note that there is no spare wheel on the bonnet on this release. The highly detailed Land Rover radiator grille is silver on a matt black mask and includes the Land Rover badge, which also features on the back of the vehicle. The bumpers and other external trim details are finished in silver.
The Land Rover Series II was launched in 1958 and came with a number of variants used in both rural and urban life, including 2-door or 4-door option; petrol or diesel; long or short wheel base; and selectable two or four wheel drive feature. The Series II was the first vehicle to use the well-known 2.25 litre petrol engine, which produced 72 hp and was closely related to the 2.0 litre diesel unit still in use today.